Biology of the neuromuscular system
Organization chart of the team
Access map to the Faculty of Medicine (Créteil campus)
Introduction and Projects
Please, visit our French page until this one is available.
=> download a full list of publications by members of the teamFrom 2012 to present
*** BELOW IS A SELECTION OF ARTICLES RECENTLY PUBLISHED ***
PAX3 confers functional heterogeneity in skeletal muscle stem cell responses to environmental stress.Cell Stem Cell 2019, by Der Vartanian et al.
Automated image-analysis method for the quantification of fiber morphometry and fiber type population in human skeletal muscle.Skeletal Muscle 2019, by Reyes-Fernandez, Periou et al.
Notch/CollagenV/CalcR reciprocal signalling retains muscle stem cells in their niche.
Necroptosis mediates myofibre death in dystrophin-deficient mice.Nat Commun 2018, by Morgan et al.
Cellular localization of the cell cycle inhibitor Cdkn1c controls growth arrest of adult skeletal muscle stem cells.
Stem cell therapy in early post-traumatic talus osteonecrosis.Int Orthop 2018, by Hernigou et al.
SOXF factors regulate murine satellite cell self-renewal and function through inhibition of β-catenin activity.Elife 2018, by Alonso-Martin et al.
Non-linear dose-response of aluminium hydroxide adjuvant particles: Selective low dose neurotoxicity.Toxicology 2017, by Crépeaux et al.
Progressive Structural Defects in Canine Centronuclear Myopathy Indicate a Role for HACD1 in Maintaining Skeletal Muscle Membrane Systems.Am J Pathol. 2017, by Walmsley et al.
Safety of Intracavernous Bone Marrow-Mononuclear Cells for Postradical Prostatectomy Erectile Dysfunction: An Open Dose-Escalation Pilot Study.Eur Urol. 2016, by Yiou et al.
Gender as a Modifying Factor Influencing Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1 Phenotype Severity and Mortality: A Nationwide Multiple Databases Cross-Sectional Observational Study.PLoS One 2016, by Dogan et al.
Mesodermal iPSC-derived progenitor cells functionally regenerate cardiac and skeletal muscle.J Clin Invest 2015, by Quattrocelli et al.
Autologous bone marrow stromal cells are promising candidates for cell therapy approaches to treat bone degeneration in sickle cell disease.Stem Cell Res 2015, by Lebouvier et al.
Neuropsychological Correlates of Brain Perfusion SPECT in Patients with Macrophagic Myofasciitis.PLoS ONE 2015, by Van Der Gucht et al.
Pax3 and Pax7 play essential safeguard functions against environmental stress-induced birth defects.Dev. Cell 2015, by Zalc et al.
Pericytes in the myovascular niche promote post-natal myofiber growth and satellite cell quiescence.Development 2015, by Kostallari et al.
Biopersistence and brain translocation of aluminum adjuvants of vaccines.Front Neurol 2015, by Gherardi et al.
In vitro characterization of patches of human mesenchymal stromal cells.Tissue Eng Part A 2015, by Roux et al.
Predictive markers of clinical outcome in the GRMD dog model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy.Dis Model Mech 2014, by Barthélémy et al.
Antagonistic regulation of p57kip2 by Hes/Hey downstream of Notch signaling and muscle regulatory factors regulates skeletal muscle growth arrest.Development 2014, by Zalc et al.
Notch regulation of myogenic versus endothelial fates of cells that migrate from the somite to the limb.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014, by Mayeuf-Louchart et al.
- Chef d'équipe : François-Jérôme Authier, Frédéric Relaix
- Chercheur : Anne-Marie Rodriguez, Céline Colnot, Maria-Isabel Punzon-Gau, Marianne Taurel, Maximilien Bencze, Nathalie Chevallier-Mericskay, Nathalie Didier, Philippos Mourikis
- Enseignant-Chercheur : Alain Fontbonne, Benoit Funalot, Caroline Daumas, Delphine Cléro, Edouard Reyes-Gomez, Fanny Storck, François-Jérôme Authier, Frédéric Relaix, Ghita Benchekroun, Guillemette Crépeaux, Hèlène Rouard, Jean Jacques Panthier, Jérôme Allain, Josette Cadusseau, Laurent Tiret, Loïc Desquilbet, Lucie Chevallier, Marie Abitbol, Peggy Lafuste, Philippe Bossé, Philippe Hernigou, René Yiou, Romain Gherardi, Stéphane Blot, Stéphanie Michineau
- Post doctorant : Alessio Rotini, Alexandre Prola, Audrey Der-Vartanian, Francesca Gattazzo, Joana Lima, Matthew Borok, Perla Reyes, Sergio Perez-Diaz, Tassadit Saidj, Valentina Taglietti
- Doctorant : Aymeline Vandestienne, Cyrielle Hou, Farida Gorram, Guillaume Robiteau, Jean-Daniel Masson, Léo Machado, Marie Quétin, Nahed Khadhraoui, Najat Raddi, Reem Bou-Akar, Zeynab Koumaiha
- Ingénieur : Bernadette Drayton Libotte, Despoina Mademtzoglou, Frédéric Aurade, Inès Jouanna-Barthélemy, Laura Coquelin-Salsac, Mehdi Aoun-Sebaïti, Nicolas Blanchard-Gutton, Stamatia Gioftsidi, Tiffany Marie
- Technicien : Angélique Gouffier, Baptiste Périou, Béatrice Laurent, Camille Laisne, Isabelle Valchera, Kaouthar Kefi, Laurent Guillaud, Patricia Becret, Priscille Hertault, Xavier Cauchois, Yasmine Baba-Amer
- Stagiaire : Busra Mirciloglu, Elise Paniel, Fantin Lowenstein, Louai Zaidan, Tianxiang Yang, Yannis Djeffal
IMRB – Inserm U955
Biology of neuromuscular system (Team 10 – groups 1, 2 and 3)
Faculty of Medicine at Créteil – 5th floor
8, rue du général Sarrail
Ecole nationale vétérinaire d’Alfort
Bnms – Génétique Médicale Comparée (group 3) and Neurobiologie (group 4)
7, avenue du général de Gaulle
94704 Maisons Alfort Cedex
Unité d’Ingénierie et de Thérapie Cellulaire d’Ile-de-France (group 5)
Etablissement Français du Sang
5, rue Gustave Eiffel
94017 Créteil Cedex
Administrative assistants – Contact
Lila Bendameche (Team at Créteil)
Tel. : +33-1 49 81 36 93
Patricia Bécret (group 3 at EnvA)
Tel. : +33-1 43 96 71 68
Isabelle Valchera (group 4 at EnvA)
Tel. : +33-1 43 96 70 47
The Master’s Award in Myology from the French Society of Myology / Santhera Pharmaceuticals is intended to reward a young researcher for the quality of his or her Master’s work in Biology in clinical, physiopathological or fundamental research in the field of Myology. This prize judges the presentation of the thesis and more generally the […]Read more
Marion Leboyer received the 2018 Neuropsychopharmacology Award of European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP) in recognition of her outstanding achievements combining innovative and high-impact research identifying genetic and environmental risk factors in major psychiatric disorders. Marion Leboyer will receive the award at the 31st ECNP Congress October 6-9, 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. The prize is […]Read more
The microenvironment is critical for stem cell maintenance. A central quest in the stem cell field is the composition and source of the molecules that make up their microenvironment. A new study coordinated by Philippos Mourikis (CR1 CNRS) with the participation of Leo Machado (PhD student) in the team of Frederic Relaix (IMRB Team […]Read more